Monday, November 2, 2009

Hello!

Hi Friends (:

Sorry it's been almost a week... John went back to work last Monday, and let's just say he's a big help around here! The girls are doing well... we are passing around a cold but luckily it's just a head cold, nothing that should get into Evie's chest and affect her breathing. We had a great Halloween... Lyla was a tiger, Evie was a pumpkin. I will post some pictures. My grandma was in town all weekend, which was so much fun.

I talked to our geneticist last Friday, and it sounds like the IRB is having another meeting this Thursday, Nov 5th. I think this is the one where Evie's trial will be discussed. I don't exactly understand why they didn't decide last week, but it sounds like they are trying to get it passed the best way possible, so we are content with that. If it goes through we will do her treatment at the Nebraska Medical Center, where John will be working in the operating room starting next week! That should hopefully help, having us all near the same place.

As for John and I... I have been pretty anxious the past few days, and John has been working a lot. I think the past 6 weeks are finally catching up with me. Now that we have some down time I feel like I'm processing the past 6 months more than ever. I haven't spent as much time in prayer lately as I did when I was pregnant (could be lack of sleep!?), which is something I am going to change immediately. I spent some time last night on my knees talking with my Lord instead of worrying... should have thought of that sooner!
Phillipians 4:7 "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Transcend my understanding Lord! I am too tired to wrap my mind around all of the possibilities of what may come.

Well, sleep is a precious thing these days!
Love you friends... I will update as soon as I hear anything.

Prayer Requests:
1. Evie and Lyla would stay healthy... if Evie is healthy she may not have to stay as long in the hospital when her drug trial starts.
2. That the IRB meeting will go well.
3. Rest for John and I now that he's back at work and life is picking up again.
Happy Halloween from my scary tiger!


3 comments:

  1. We will be thinking of you all this Thursday and continuing to pray! Hope you all feel better soon too! What a cute tiger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you & your family...you're in my prayers. Reading your blog has been very inspirational. I work with John at QLI & he is a wonderful guy---my heart goes out to you guys! Your girls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you linds. Hope all is going ok:). It truly is awesome to see how you depend on the Lord. It would be hard to find the strength and I admire you!! Praise God for how he takes all our burdens!!:)
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete