Tuesday, October 6, 2009

She Woke Up!

GREAT news friends, Evie woke up this afternoon!

I decided to rub a little baby lotion on her dry arms and legs, and she opened her eyes and we talked for a while (: About 10 minutes later she had an EEG, so she had to go back to sleep for that, but she woke up one more time after that. She sucked her binky for a few minutes, which is another praise since she hasn't done any good sucking since yesterday and they were feeding her through a nose-tube (I'm too tired to think of the real name for a nose-tube).

So Praise God and thank you for your prayers. I think we get to move back upstairs to the Intermediate Care floor soon, I will keep you all posted.

THANKS for checking in and praying for my sweet little one!!!
Lindsey

9 comments:

  1. Praise God Linds. Our prayers keep coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jesus! God is so good! We'll continue to pray for her health & recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're praying for good news and more good news! God is good, he has her in his hands!
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little things like waking up and sucking on a binky are God's way of saying He's right there with you and not to give up! Lots of prayers for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I am so happy to hear that sweet Evie is awake again! God is keeping a close eye on her! We are still praying for her and your whole family! Many hugs to you as you get through all this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsey, have the doctors said anything about Basilar Invagination? It has to do with the top portion of the spine near the head. I won't go into detail, but it is an issue with patients who have OI. I'm not sure if they are still considering this as a diagnosis, but I just wanted to give you the tip. I'm sure they are doing a wonderful job with Evie! Best wishes and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindsey - you are such a role model and I am in awe of your strength. Praise be to God for he is good! Thanks for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! So glad you were able to talk to her and see her open her beautiful eyes. Praying for more good news :)
    Sarah Goldsberry

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful news. I'm so glad for you guys AND for little Evie. :]

    ReplyDelete