Sunday, November 7, 2010

no news is...

no news! Our pulmonologist was out of town this past week so we are waiting to hear results of Evie's oximetry. I am getting the feeling that she is borderline as far as getting off O2 and they may leave her on for a few more months, which is okay. Better safe than sorry... OR she could be doing completely great. I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I will let you know as soon as I hear!


Evie is doing SO great. She pushes away her bottle the minute she sees food. Food, food, food, it's all she wants, which is good! We have her 3 month check this week, so it will be fun to see how she has grown. Like I've mentioned before we have a check every 3 months that includes 3 blood draws, a couple urine samples, kidney ultrasound, full skeletal x-rays, scale of infant and toddler development, and a doctor exam. Honestly, I'm dreading everything except the development check and doctor exam. Evie is finally to the age where she understands that people are essentially hurting her when they poke to take blood, and looks at me like 'mom! why are you letting them do this to me.' It's really hard. Really really hard.


On the positive side Evie has progressed so amazingly physically, her developmental check will be super fun. A lady flys in every 3 months to do her checks, so she hasn't seen all of Eve's new tricks... rolling over, sitting up, chatting, etc (: I can't wait to see the look on her face when she sees how well Evie is developing! And our doctor exam is a lightweight exam to check weight, height, etc. and I just LOVE our doc, so that makes it fun.


This week has been a tough one. Several of our friends are having health issues, and my friend's sister was in a terrible car accident. Being hospitalized is so fresh in our minds still that it's hard to know our friends are enduring such pain. My heart breaks for them, yet my faith is always renewed to know that God loves us, and wants us to come to Him in our pain. He is listening and healing. Friday night John took me on our first date without Evie in over a year! It was so fun to talk, listen, and love each other with no distractions. I don't think we'll wait a whole year before we go out again (:

I haven't had a "list" of prayer requests for a while, but have a few this week if you are willing to pray for us:
- our friends who are going through health problems, health tests, and pain. Healing and strength for all involved.
- Evie's blood draws. We have draws Tues, Wed, and Thursday. That she knows how much I love her even though we have to get her blood, and it hurts.
- Evie's x-rays on Wednesday. I'm going to ask if they will let me wear a vest and stay in the room with her. It's too painful to watch her cry and look for me in a panic.
- That the people involved in Evie's care feel Jesus' love from us even though I'm tired from this past week, and not really looking forward to the coming pokes.


I truly love you friends. I am so incredibly blessed to KNOW you are praying for us.



Here are some great pics from Halloween. Thanks Papa Steveo!

our little penguin


our little shark




group picture! the dino, penguin, and shark on a candy mission! (:


No comments:

Post a Comment