Monday, November 29, 2010

thankful...

Hi Friends!

Well I have had this post floating around in my head since before Thanksgiving, and it's been a struggle to get down in words... I am so thankful for so many things, it's hard to write down what I'm thankful for, and feel like I've done it justice. So I'm just going to give it a go.

I am thankful for God's faithfulness. His love. His perseverance in my life. His constant presence. A plan, that I'm finally content not knowing... amazement at how the past few years have turned out infinitely better than I could have known. Love so deep and wide it pours out into everything beautiful He has made.

I am thankful for a husband who likes to hold my hand. All the time. Seriously, like always. Who takes care of the big stuff, and reminds me not to worry about the little things. Who loves me unconditionally, no strings attached. Who is super fun, and super funny. And makes me feel like the only girl in the world.

I am thankful for my Lyla, who in good ways and bad, is strikingly similar to her mother. She cries hard, and laughs harder. She says the funniest things at the funniest times. She has been the perfect partner in crime to walk through the past 3 and a half years with. She has taught me how to love being a mom because she's just so easy to love.

I am thankful for my Eve, who has shown me joy and perseverance. Who has her dad's laid-back, fun loving, darling personality. She lights up a room with her sparkly blue eyes, who have seen more healing in a year than some experience in a lifetime.

and lastly, I am thankful for the community of family, old friends, new friends, internet friends, strangers, moms, dads, sisters, bible study gals, health professionals, neighbors, and everyone else I get to do life with every day. I can't express the encouragement you give me and strength to keep on keeping on (:
We are blessed beyond words.

I am thankful for YOU! Love you friends (:

2 comments: