Monday, June 27, 2011

separation anxiety...

Hi Friends.

Where do the weeks go in the summer? I tucked the girls into bed tonight to the smell of chlorine hair and sweaty kid. Must have been a good day (:

We saw the MacDonalds last Thursday for a going away dinner, and said our final goodbyes yesterday afternoon. I never thought I'd seriously say "Thank God for Facebook" but that has been my exact thought several times this week (: It was sad to hug them one last time.

Watching God carry the MacDonalds through this time has brought back so many memories of my pregnancy with Evie. I started a new Bible study this morning with mostly women I haven't met, and luckily I was sitting in the back so hopefully they weren't watching me sit and cry for the first hour. I thought I had developed the skill of not crying in public over the past few years, but sometimes God softens my heart so I listen better. Today we read the verse "In his kindness God called you to his eternal glory by means of Jesus Christ. After you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation." What a promise. Pray for the MacDonalds as they take Aria home with them on a three days trek back to New Zealand. That God would restore, support, strengthen them, and place them on a firm foundation.

Both Lyla and Evie have had separation anxiety lately, which is actually quite odd around here. Lyla is in general pretty independent but I have been hearing more "I want mommy" lately or demanding hugs and kisses. Talk about softening my heart. Since Evie has been off of O2 the past few weeks we have been leaving her in the nursery at church and at the gym, and it has been doubly hard to be away from her even for a few hours the past couple days. So I guess the separation anxiety is going in both directions. It feels good to take a break from the hustle and bustle and just cry it out. I haven't done enough of that lately.

We had our first house showing tonight. It's exciting to have people walking through, but I still don't feel the pressure to move. I'm not sure if it's just not the right time yet, or God hasn't shown us where he wants us to go, or the place he wants us to go to isn't for sale yet.... could be any of those. So we wait, look around, and thank Him for the roof over our heads (:

Love you friends. Those pictures I promised are still in the camera sitting in front of me... i'll get to it tomorrow (:

No comments:

Post a Comment