Thursday, March 31, 2011

it poured...

Hi Friends (: - You know, we don't have a lot of "really bad days" around here.. well today it rained... and it poured at our house. Unfortunately we are all exhausted from little sleep the past few days, which magnifies bad days. - Lyla is in a behavioral funk that is exhausting all of my best discipline. An hour of discipline this morning ended in us both crying and hugging it out. We had a pretty abrupt end to vacation, and I think she's just working her way back into normal. - Evie just can't seem to keep her foot down in her brace where it needs to be. She's in a lot of pain, and I have to re-tighten her foot back down every 3-4 hours. She wouldn't even let me hold her this afternoon after I tightened her... more tears. - I recently sent a written Appeal to insurance over a sleep study Eve had done last February. It came back denied, and we received a EOB today saying that Evie's Orthopedic Surgeon is no longer covered under our insurance. This would be the guy that is cutting Evie's cast off on Monday, and has been following her bone growth since she was 2 weeks old. When I called our case manager I had her check our Neurologist since they work at the same building, and she isn't covered either. We have an appointment with her on Wednesday. She has managed Evie's seizures since she was 2 weeks old as well. I love and trust these people, and it will be hard for me to find new docs should we have to. I have some phone calls to make tomorrow, and could use some prayers that I can keep my composure better than I did today. - Top that off with catching my pant leg on the car door, a wet bed after nap time, and a migraine from crying, and I'm suddenly Debbie Downer over here! - I am so grateful for those of you who pray for us, if you could pray for Evie's pain and that her tendon would stretch back out, that would be so appreciated. And for insurance issues, that I can be a God honoring woman when dealing with such a touchy situation. - God is good. Evie is alive. Lyla is a great kid. John is amazing. One bad day isn't so bad I guess (: - Love you friends. - Sorry about the weird spacing on this post... blogger isn't recognizing when I press "enter." must be the bad day fairy again (:

5 comments:

  1. Bad days just make you appreciate the good days in your life. Sending prayers to you and your family. I pray that Evie gets better and that your insurance problems get straightened out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for a day full of great news and pain free for Evie :)
    Sarah Goldsberry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you dearly!
    Praying for you continually!
    God is good ALL the time-even when we don't understand!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. He makes all things work together for your good! Praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you and your family this weekend.
    Julianna

    ReplyDelete