Sunday, August 14, 2011

Speedy Elsaesser!

Hey Friends!

WOW I haven't taken a blogging break for this long in a while... sometimes life just catches up with us. The past few weeks have been crazy busy... John and I seem to do stressful things all in a matter of months. For instance, the year Lyla was born, I finished my first and last year of teaching, John switched jobs twice, we bought a house, I quit my job to stay home, and John started nursing school.

This week we looked deeper new homes, had several showings, I got in a fender bender, worked with insurance to get my car fixed (ugh!), dropped my phone in the pool, got our whole house painted, sewed six baby slings for friends, made decorations for and attended my high school reunion... in addition to eye appointments, dentist appointments, swimming lessons, two birthday parties, our normal time at the gym and trying to fit in a little sleep! I'm not trying to make excuses... but, well, actually I am (:

Speedy Elsaesser, AKA Evie Jayne, is trucking along in her walker! She is getting better at pushing it and taking steps simultaneously which is a goal. When she started (in the video you can see) she would push... step... push... step, now she is doing both more smoothly. Pretty exciting for everyone. She is also pulling herself up to stand and is getting back down on her own. BIG STEP! She has been maneuvering her way up for about a week but was unable to get back down (she doesn't like to bend her knees) but she's finally getting it. Just another sign that her legs are getting stronger.

Another big step is that John or I can stand in front of her and hold her hands and she will take a few steps. She is less comfortable with this but will do it and loves the praise she gets when she makes it!

This week is looking much more laid-back (I hope) so hopefully we can get some R&R. I haven't convinced Lyla that napping is "cool"... but can usually convince her to watch a movie so Eve and I can take a break. I really need to dig into God's word and spend some time in prayer. These busy weeks burn me out spritually and I find myself much more quick to get frustrated and just not be quite as enjoyable to be around... a little God time should straighten that out (:

Love you friends! I promise it won't be another 2 weeks before I'm back (:

No comments:

Post a Comment