Sunday, February 13, 2011

15 hours...

Hi Friends!

15 hours and they will be wheeling Eve into surgery. Everything is ready to go, I have our outfits laid out for the morning, and feel somewhat prepared to head to the hospital.

Our arrival time is 11:30am with surgery at 1. There are no "do not eat after such and such time" orders, which is very helpful! Evie will not be intubated, so we shouldn't need to be concerned about her breathing or sedation. I'm not exactly sure how they are going to keep her still with local anesthetic, but we will see.

I was beginning to get anxious tonight, and remembered where we were last Valentines day... Evie had RSV and was intubated at the Med Center with no certainty as to when she would be able to breathe on her own again. She has come so incredibly far, thus a "non emergency" surgery to help her possibly walk someday is a BLESSING!!! and I am honored to spend Valentines day praying for my little girl that I love with all of my heart while she gets her little feet worked on (: and Lyla gets to spend the day with her favorite Aunt Kirst and Nana! John and I will have a romantic lunch in the cafeteria or something special (:

Prayer requests: If there is sedation used that it won't interfere with Evie's breathing. That she won't be in pain during the surgery or following. That she won't panic when they take her away from us in pre-op, and that I won't panic either (: That everything will go smoothly and we will be HOME tomorrow night!!!

Love you friends, we are more than blessed to have all of you praying for us, and the weight of those prayers is deeply felt every day, especially days like tomorrow.

Linds, John, Ly, and Eve (:

3 comments: