Sunday, January 3, 2010

WEEK 5...

Hi Friends and Fam,

My google calendar just "reminded me" that it is now officially the start of week 5 of Evie's treatment. Hallelujah!

Week 5 isn't just any week, it is the first week on Evie's treatment schedule that is non-existant, meaning that we still go in for her shots three times a week... but no blood draws, no urine samples, no physicals, nothing! We have a sheet of paper with little "x"s all over it indicating what tests are to be run, and there is nothing on week 5. Woo hoo!!!

Now we are looking at "landmark" weeks. The big weeks being Week 8, Week 12, Week 16, and Week 24. These first 4 weeks were intense monitoring and baseline information, which is why we had so much going on.

THANK YOU for praying for us last week. I haven't gotten a call yet about her EEG, but her skeletal survey went fine, no big improvements, but also no demineralization. That is good news. Treatment went fine Wednesday, physical exam went well Thursday, and treatment was also good Friday. I am a little dissapointed to say that Evie hasn't gained any weight, but she has grown longer, so that is good. She is still on oxygen, and has been eating and sleeping much better since that started. I can definitely tell she has grown, so hopefully she will start gaining weight also.
I celebrated the end of the week with an Apple Fritter and enormous Diet Coke on the way home... it was heavenly (: Oh, the little things.

I am going to post pictures on my next post - just realized how far behind I am on that!

Going to bed for now - thanks for checking in!

Love you friends, thanks again for your prayers, comments, and emails - they mean the world to me.

4 comments:

  1. It's good to get these updates. I Love the pictures of the girls on your page. They are both so sweet. I can totally tell that Evie is getting bigger. I thought she was getting bigger when I saw her all bundled up at church. I also think it's good that you keep her as close to you as you can. Now we just have to get her through the rest of winter w/out any major winter illnesses. (I won't say what they are. I refuse to!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the way you celebrated and it made me hungry for an apple fritter:)! HAHA! Love you Linds...can't wait to get through each and every land mark week! xoxo's to the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update friend! Can't wait to spend time with you and your girlies on Thurs.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I am finally caught up here! Sorry it's been awhile since I have last checked in! The holidays were so busy! I'm glad to hear that you were all home for Christmas and how well Evie is doing!!! Yay for no tests this week!!! We are still keeping you all in our prayers! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete