Monday, December 28, 2009

But God...

Hi Friends (:

It's one of those days again... one of those "wow this is going to be a long day" days that turns into a "thank you Lord" day. We have appointments 4 out of 5 weekdays this week, and today we were at 2 different hospitals; the first for an EEG, and the second for treatment and an osseous survey (which is just a lot of x-rays but didn't that sound smart!?). Regardless, my precious Evie Jayne was smiling at the end of the day, and I was blessed by the many nurses who stick their smiling faces in our door during her treatment to see how the "cute baby" is doing. She is just so cute!!! I love them, and they love Evie so we're all just loving each other (:

For the biggest "thank you Lord" part of the story... I'll be honest, I was dreading today. I love the holidays... but I am tired, and my Monday list was already overwhelming me when I set my alarm last night. But I got up, hauled the two kids, diaper bag, medical bag, and oxygen tank out the door to head to Children's hospital for our EEG. My amazing friend took Lyla last minute, so I only had to worry about Evie for a few hours.
In the waiting room I met a couple and their son. After having Eve, I notice how nice it is to have people take interest in her, so I asked what they were doing there. Their 21 month son was there for physical therapy. When he was born he had a genetic heart defect, and in September he got a new heart. He was there for physical therapy because sometime after the surgery he got a blood clot and "lost his leg" as they put it... mom shrugged as she said "so we're here for physical therapy, and he's touching lives one person at a time." This family of 3 touched my heart this morning, because they were beaming as they told about their son. He may have lost a leg... but he got a heart.

So thank you Lord, for giving us new hearts... sometimes literally. I titled this post "But God" because it reminds me of my dear friend Bethany who loves this verse (i'm going to start with the verse before it): "Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:7-8

Next time you are feeling hopeless, friends, remember that in our hopelessness Jesus died for you, demonstrating God's love for YOU. Thank you Lord for reminding me of your love today.

I love you friends, I'll be back with more news, and hopefully good results from Evie's tests! Thanks for praying, I feel it each and every blessed day.

3 comments:

  1. Lindsey, I'm beyond touched. I, too, thank God for His constant gracious reminders of His unfathomable love for us. And I'm thankful for Evie, one of those reminders. You're right: she is too cute for words!! *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey,
    Thank you. God used you today to touch my heart.
    Julianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.jonnecity.blogspot.com

    stories about our life :D

    ReplyDelete