Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas Week!

Hello friends!

Well, it's almost here, one of my favorite holidays. I'll be honest, this past weekend I was filled with anxiety about Evie's condition, longing for her to be "normal" so she doesn't have to struggle with the pain of being "different,"and guilt about not adequately preparing my heart for Christmas. Basically, I was exhausted. I have gotten quite a bit of rest the past few days, helping me to remember that (a) I am not perfect, or supermom, or invincible! and (b) God made me for these girls, and them for me... even when I'm tired (:

Evie is doing okay. Treatment went well Monday but her oxygen saturation wouldn't stay above 85 after she vomited. She has been vomiting a little lately, and they are wondering if she has aspirated some formula/vomit. Her lungs sound clear, so they think they may just be irritated from some reflux. They sent us to the ER after her treatment to have her checked out, and we stayed overnight last night. We are still on the Peds floor - we have seen a pediatrician this morning, and are waiting to meet with the geneticist. He has been overseeing her treatment and will have good insight as to what we should do.

I am hoping that we can go home today, with a portable O2 sat monitor, and oxygen. Will you pray for us that we do what's best for Evie and that her oxygen will stay up? As much as I want to get home before Christmas, Evie's health takes priority. Also prayer that I won't get weary here at the hospital, and that God will provide me with grace for today. It's hard for me to be away from Lyla (even though she's having fun with Nana!) I just get worn out, and miss the semi-normalcy of our life at home.

Thanks for checking in friends, I hope you have a blessed holiday filled with God's peace, joy, and loving kindness. Merry Christmas!

I love what Mary said when the angel told her she was going to be pregnant with Jesus: Luke 1:38 "I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said."
What an awesome example of how we should live.

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey,
    I wish you and your family a Great Christmas. I know it's not your ideal Christmas. But from your post, and what I have learned about you, you are a very strong woman and a wonderful mom and wife. Its going to be a crazy and snowy Christmas so if you guys are in the hospital at least you are together, lots of families aren't going to be able to with the weather. But I do truly wish you a happy and joy filled Christmas.


    Talia Gleason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsey,
    Just checking in to let you know I'm praying for you guys and also giving thanks that you get to celebrate Christmas with Evie even if it won't be "perfect". Hang in there!
    Hugs and prayers,
    Sherilyn

    ReplyDelete