Tuesday, May 11, 2010

She ROLLS!

I guess I should say she "rolled!"
.
I bathed Evie this morning, got her dressed, laid her on the floor, bathed Lyla, got her dressed, and when we went back to where Evie was she was on her tummy!!! Lyla left her bright rainbow undies on the floor, and Evie apparantly tried hard enough to get them that she accidently rolled over! Her eyes were telling me she wasn't so sure about what she had done... it was so darn cute! Big Acheivement Evie Jayne Jayne!!! So proud that you're growing and doing new thing!
.
Another 1st today... Lyla asked me about Evie's oxygen tube. It's kind of funny, little kids ask me about it all the time and I have no problem explaining it, but Lyla never has! So this morning she says "Mom, take the tube out of Evie's nose." and I say "I can't" and she says "Why?"... I suddenly got nervous... when I was pregnant with Evie I spent a considerably large amount of time thinking about how I would explain Evie's passing to Lyla without damaging her 2 year old mind... and now that Evie is differently abled, I spend an equally large amount of time thinking about how to raise Evie in a way that she doens't see herself as disabled, and how to handle family dynamics so that Lyla doesn't see her that way either. So after a hundred thoughts race through my mind I say "Well, God made you and I with strong hard bones"... "Where are my bones mom? I don't see them?" So we felt our bones... our knee bones, our arm bones, our finger bones, our teeth, etc. Then I said "And God made Evie with soft bones, so that's why we give her shots, to help her bones get strong"... after deep thought for about 15 seconds... her response? "Oh. Can I watch toons?" Well I guess I got off easy this time!
.
Thanks for praying for me, I am feeling much much better. I think I needed a few good nights sleep, some time in the Word, and some down on my knees prayer. And I took a few hours yesterday and today to make the girls matching dresses, it was nice to do something fun and creative with my not-so-spare time!
.
Another major blessing, Evie's friend Aria (http://aria.org.nz) from the hospital got another life saving multi-organ transplant this past Mother's day. After spending two weeks across the hall from her family in February, my heart hurts and smiles with their pains and gains. It's amazing how God can connect you to strangers so quickly through similar circumstances. So far she is doing wonderfully, but could always use prayer as recovery can be long and brutal at times.
.
Love you friends! Thanks for loving us and staying in touch!
Goodnight sweet Evie!

photos by Brian Lehmann... www.brianlehmann.com

3 comments: