Monday, June 21, 2010

adopted... (:

Hi Friends (:
.
Evie, Lyla, and I made some new friends today! A while ago I got an email from a friend of a friend who had been reading my blog through her pregnancy with her 2nd daughter who has Down's Syndrome. She sent me a link to her blog, and I have been following them for the past few months. Her older daughter is just weeks younger than Lyla, and her younger daughter is a few months younger than Evie.
.
A few days ago she sent me a quick email to let me know that a few moms from the Omaha Down Syndrome Parent's Network were having a little playdate this morning, and we were welcome to come. Why not! I wasn't sure how well we would fit into a group who already knew each other, and whose kids were all similar, but it was just fabulous. These women all have kids in Early Intervention (physical, occupational, speech therapy, etc), a laundry list of doctors, medical scares, and hospitalizations. It was so nice to be able to talk about Evie, without feeling like I was speaking a foreign language.
.
The ODSPN meets once a month for coffee, and I am considering joining. I will have to check out the logistics beforehand... since I technically don't have a kid with Down's Syndrome... but since Evie and I don't really fit into a "group" right now I feel so blessed that we happen to be invited to one. It takes a long time to connect with people, and we got to hang with 5 beautiful families who are in a very similar situation to ours.
.
I feel like we've been adopted (:
.
Here are a few pics from our playdate:
.

taking pics of the kiddies

Evie getting some love


Wesley, Evie, and Macy hanging out
could they be any cuter?

Evie liked all of the attention she got for being the "new kid" (:
Thanks for the invitation new friends! It was a wonderful way to spend a Monday morning.

AND yes, we got Evie's CT scan done this afternoon... I should know the results tomorrow morning. It took us 3 hours to get a 5 minute scan (long story that I'm too tired to tell!) but it's done and at Dr. Puccioni's office ready for him to read. I will update when we know anything about that or the surgery date.
Love you friends! Thanks for reading (:
photos by Brian Lehmann http://www.brianlehmann.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment