Sunday, June 27, 2010

my BIG girl!!! and her feet...

Hi Friends!

Hope you all had a good weekend, and got a little R&R. We had a great weekend, starting with Evie's 9 month doctor appointment on Friday. Yes. 9 months. Where did time go? I have no idea!

Soooooooo (drum roll...)... Evie is 11lb 11oz!!! Her weight has always been going up... very... s.l.o.w.l.y... but this past few months she had a spike upward! I had that glimmer of hope that she would be on the growth chart (even like .5%) but we are getting closer every visit. Her head circumference, that used to grow relatively normally, dropped significantly, just more assurance that she needs surgery. I asked Dr. Pat if we could measure her from under her chin up around her soft spot... but I guess that's cheating. It was worth a try (: Dr. Pat said she looks the best he has ever seen her. I'm pretty sure I was beaming with pride when we left the office.

Another big step... Evie found her feet on Thursday! Her Physical Therapist and I might just have to have some cake and ice cream and do a happy dance on Wednesday at therapy. We have been raising her pelvis on a little pillow... putting wrist rattles on her ankles... playing "mommy's gonna eat your toe toes!" and all sorts of ridiculous things... and on Thursday she just reached on down and found them. Way to go Evie Jayne!

Lastly (and not as happily), Lyla is coughing, and Eve is congested. Evie projectile vomited twice yesterday... and we think she may be gagging on some mucus. SO we are going to get the cough assist device back on once a day, and suction when she needs it. We haven't had to suction her for about 2 weeks, so it's kind of a bummer that she's congested again. We have been all over town the past couple of weeks enjoying good health, good weather, and good friends, but I'm thinking we're going to have to shut it down until after surgery. We had planned on keeping Lyla home from activities starting 2 weeks before surgery, but it looks like we're going to have to start a few days sooner.

If you could pray that both girls would get rid of whatever little bugs they have, I would greatly appreciate it.

I also want to say THANK YOU to you amazing people I have met through our blog, contacts with friends, facebook, everywhere. Just this past week the girls and I had lunch with a beautiful mom and her 5 month old daughter who also had a lethal prenatal diagnosis. It was so encouraging to talk to her about life with our kiddos, future pregnancies, our families, God's amazing provision, etc. A good friend from church helped me make hats for post-surgery Evie (she did most of the work!), and I received a box in the mail from a blog-friend that I haven't even met who hand knitted a blanket and hats for Evie also. I can't express in words how thankful I am for all of you.

I sincerely Love you all, and feel blessed to know you.
We took pictures of the girls swimming this weekend, I will get them uploaded and on here as soon as I can!
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment