Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 31...

Hi Friends!
.
We have had an awesome week, Lyla's pre-school open house went fantastic! She loved her teachers, and is excited to start. From a mommy who wanted to be homeschooled for fear of the unknown, this is an enormous blessing. I could praise God all day over just this one thing! On Saturday we got to march in the Millard Days Parade. My brother-in-law Pat is running for Millard School Board, so Lyla got to ride with Papa Bob in his Model T while the rest of us (Evie included!) handed out candy and cheered Pat on. It was so much fun! (pics to come!)
.
Secondly... we are going to Colorado this weekend. Did I just say we are leaving the city? Oh... YES we are! We haven't gone on vacation since before Evie was born, and we are making the journey to go to a cousin's wedding. I am so incredibly excited to get out of here for a few days, spend time with family, and relax as much as is possible with four adults and three kids (Ly, Eve, and my nephew) in the same condo (: I have located the nearest medical center that takes kids, have made a list of Evie's equipment, and now we just have to figure out how we're going to fit it all in the car (:
.
and Lastly, I can't believe it's almost September. Like... tomorrow. I am so excited to celebrate Evie's first birthday. This time of year is bringing back an incredibly strong range of emotions. I need to go back and read through my blog from last year at this time just to marvel at God's grace and provision in Evie's life. We saw one of her favorite doctors this morning and she said "Evie's almost one! Who would have thought." What an honor it has been to be Evie's mom, and journey through this with her. Also, how overwhelming that her first birthday is almost here! It makes me want to laugh and cry in the same sentence. So, dear September, my goal is to not cry through your first 19 days, but to enjoy the beauty of God's creation and perfect plan for us.
.
AND... (drumroll)... Evie is getting close to weaning off of Oxygen! We have taken her off for a few hours at a time the past few days. Freedom is near!!! My initial goal was April, so this is a long awaited blessing (:
.
Love you friends! We are planning a 1st birthday bash for Evie... I will post details soon!
.
Lyla's preschool open house with her friend Matthew
gymnastics!
Evie taking an oxygen break!


no O2? Let's celebrate!


2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy your family gets to go on vacation! Lyla is such a big girl! I love her preschool smile! Look how stinking cute & excited Evie is playing that drum and having no extra oxygen! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for All blessings He has surrounded you with!! I remember praying for Evie's safe and healthy delivery a year ago...and now we praise God a year later for her health and growth!
    .
    I'm sure the next couple of weeks will be emotionally over whelming and challenging. I'll be praying for you. Don't give the devil a foothold. Hold fast to your amazing Physician!
    .
    Thankyou again for your great display of grace and for sharing your story. May God continue to abundantly bless you and your beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete