Sunday, August 22, 2010

falling into fall...

Hi Friends (:

Although the temps are still roaring in the 90s... I can't believe how quickly our schedule has filled up starting last week. In one sense, it's good. Lyla is ready for pre-school, she's looking for things to do around the house, and she's ready socially to get out and meet new kids, but on the other hand, I just feel so overwhelmed!

Evie has a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning that I am pretty nervous about. It's with a doc we met when she was 2 weeks old, and we just didn't hit it off. I left feeling very misunderstood and a little intimidated. Regardless, he is supposed to be the best of the best, so we are going to see him again to see what he has to say about Evie's bones. If you could pray that it goes well, I would really appreciate it. Also, I have to get Eve up at 6:30 and Ly at 7 so we can be there at 8... and anyone who knows us very well knows that our happy time is not in the early morning! My mom and sister were giving me a hard time recently because I told them if Lyla wakes up before 8am I tell her to go back to bed because it's still Night-time. I think that is pretty reasonable! (:

Everything else nerve-wracking is just new. I remember signing Lyla up for her first organized group activity, feeling the same way. The fact that I didn't like school until I was in about 7th grade doesn't make it much easier to send Lyla to pre-school! Hopefully Lyla inherited a little more of her dad's laid-back personality than my heart-on-my-sleeve personality, but unfortunately she is her mother's daughter. John also starts the RN to BSN program tomorrow. It will take about 3 semesters to complete. He is such a big help with the girls that it's a little hard for me when he has schoolwork to do, but we will be okay.

I know I say this a lot, but if I can pray for you, please let me know. I have a little book with people on different days of the week, and it is my honor to pray for you. Being the recipient of many prayers is a constant reminder to me of how important it is that I pray for you.

Love you friends! I will update soon with the results of our two doc appointments this week, and Lyla's pre-school open house (:

1 comment:

  1. I also send my son back to bed if it's before 8am -- nothing wrong with that! We have a later schedule around here too. But I guess that will have to change twice a week when preschool starts on Thursday. Glad to hear the good news from your most recent post. Been praying for Evie and all of you:)

    ReplyDelete